Monday 8 July 2013

Art Proposal


For my art unit 3 personal investigation I have chosen the starting point of “self-portraits”. I chose this because I think it’ll be really interesting to look at how people present themselves to the world, how other people perceive them, and also how people perceive themselves to look, which could be a completely different way to what other people do.

To complete this investigation I plan to research different methods people use to change their appearance, such as make up and clothing, and research stylists and make-up artists such as Cristina Otero to see how they manage to make the models look a specific way. I will then take inspiration from their work and produce my own experimentations, using their methods.

I will experiment with techniques such as using photography to take photographs of people wearing specific kinds of clothing, looking in a specific kind of way, to show the variations of types of people, and the styles they have. I will also experiment with face paints, painting designs on models faces and them photographing them to capture their image in my sketchbook. From using these images I may try and recreate them using water colours, acrylic paints and maybe even pencil crayon and fine liner, to see which technique works best for me. I may even experiment with mixed media, painting on top of the photographs I have taken to create a different kind of appearance. I may also try combining two or more images, for example take the legs of one image, the body of another, and the head of another, to create a person with three very different types of styles. This will help to show the contrast between all three.
My final outcome as a response to my research may be one main image, being either a photograph that’s been painted into, or even printed on, with several accompanying images in similar styles, or it could be a series of images that all complement one another and show the differences in the way people present themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment